Fear of doctors in children
Fear of doctor leaving their families in the difficult situation of children and also a condition that can disrupt the process of treatment from time to time. Children will be informed about and the ways to prevent them.
Many children more, ” We’re going to the doctor ‘sentence when he heard panic doors. Parents’ concerns and fears, gives the job of the doctor to go over Upgrading and adults to talk about the disease often bad sign that they are faced with an unpleasant experience for children.
Don’t talk to your child about the disease
As the children are constantly talking about bad illnesses, anxiety and panic feeling about going to the doctor will be reflected on the child. If you have the fear of the doctor in the mother or father, it must be defeated. A parent who is worried about going to the doctor cannot help his / her child.
don’t say you won’t hurt
” The doctor won’t hurt his life like ” to say that the child does not relieve the contrary, I wonder if there is something to fear to think. In addition, the doctor will touch him, it will examine, weigh, measure and will look into the ears. So it is not right to tell it as if nothing would happen.
What can you do?
1- Choose a quiet day to go to the doctor. It may be more crowded on weekends, so if you have the opportunity, it is better to choose the weekends. Crowd, crying of other children, etc. may affect your child negatively, it will be more accurate to go on a quiet day.
2- Go to all check-up appointments. Because your child is not only going to the doctor for examination, pain and illness because of the illness, the visit of the doctor is better and becomes a good experience.
3- Gift her a set of toy doctor and play doctor together.
4- Let her take a toy she likes when she goes to the doctor.
5 – If your child is old enough to provide information to the doctor, allow him or her to answer questions about him. Thus, a dialogue between your child and the doctor develops, and this creates confidence in your child, to overcome the fears.
6- Do not peel your child naked at once, let her pant on the panties. If the child does not want to be undressed, then proceed by opening the part of the body to be examined. Rehearsing with your child before going to the doctor In order to avoid going to a doctor, you must defeat your fears, be honest with your child and prepare him / her well. How to prepare your child for a doctor Treat your child with your child as you go shopping to be natural, do not try to beautify the event in advance. If you make promises like ız Doctor will not hurt your life “, you will create insecurity in your child. Tell him the doctor will help him.
The doctor will touch her, examine her, weigh, measure and look inside her ears. You better pre-rehearse what the doctor will do to him. All children love to play doctor. Children’s Doctor to go the way of work;
• Make an appointment in advance to shorten the waiting time.
• Register your doctor’s questions in writing at home, usually with excitement. • Go to all check-up appointments. Because your child is not only going to the doctor for examination, pain and illness because of the illness, the visit of the doctor is better and becomes a good experience.
• Do not comfort your child during the examination, as this only causes unnecessary elongation. Consolation after examination is much more important.
• If your child is old enough to provide information to the doctor, allow him or her to answer questions about him. Thus, a dialogue between your child and the doctor develops, and this creates confidence in your child, to overcome the fears.
• If your child is able to strip on his own, just help if necessary. This allows the doctor to monitor your child’s progress.
• Don’t promise a reward if your child is behaving properly.
What can you do to beat the fear of your child’s doctor?
• Allow your child to take his favorite toy to the office and keep it with him during the examination.
• Encourage her to search for the location in which she feels most comfortable during an examination. This will usually sit on the lap of the mother. You can sit in the examination bed with him. In particular, infants and young children are less scared if they are in the arms of their mothers during the examination.
• Allow the doctor to show the child the right way; so that your child does not experience any uncomfortable examinations.
• Do not peel your child naked at once, let her pant on the panties. If the child does not want to be undressed, then proceed by opening the part of the body to be examined.
• Allow the doctor to give your child a small gift as a souvenir. Apart from that, a doctor’s visit should not be rewarded with great gifts or promises.