Hand foot mouth disease is a viral disease that occurs with Coxackie virus. It is highly contagious. Can do epidemics in kindergartens, schools in summer and autumn. It is mostly seen in children under 5 years of age. What are the symptoms of hand foot and mouth disease? Continue reading for the answer to the question
Hand Foot Mouth Disease Symptoms
The disease starts with fever, sore throat and loss of appetite.
After 2-3 days after the fire, it is manifested by rashes inside the mouth and inside the hands and feet. The skin rash is seen one to two days after the mouth, and begins as small red spots, and the fluid becomes full. The rash is painful, sometimes itching may occur, and it can also be seen in the trunk and in the diaper area. Spills can last up to 1 week.
Fire is variable, can be up to 39-40 degrees.
The nails may fall spontaneously in the late period of the disease.
Feeding difficulties may occur especially in young children due to aphthae in the mouth.
Hand Foot Mouth Disease Protection
In order to prevent the disease, it is important to pay attention to hand cleansing, especially after washing or after changing the cloth, hand washing, cleaning and disinfecting of all materials and toys used by children is important. It should be avoided from close contact and use of common goods such as hugging and kissing.
Hand Foot Mouth Disease Treatment
There is no specific treatment of the disease. Using antibiotics is unnecessary. Antipyretic and analgesic can be used. Special solutions to mouth wounds can be used. Vitamins and zinc can be supplemented to strengthen immunity.
How to Feed in Intraocular
Aft Hard and sharp foods such as biscuits, toast, carrots should be avoided, citrus fruits such as oranges, mandarins, grapefruits, lemons and juices, acidic foods such as tomatoes, pickles, salty and spicy foods, extreme hot or cold foods and beverages should also be avoided.
What can be given?
- Soup, especially tarhana soup, has a high nutritive value in terms of containing probiotics.
- Yogurt, buttermilk
- Milk + banana + honey + biscuit prepared in blender
- Baked fruit (pear, apple ..
- Blended fruits with a blender Treatment of Oral Aphtha
- Gargle with carbonated water: 1 cup of warm water into the cup with 2-3 teaspoons of carbonate 2-3 times a day is done inside the mouth
- Black mulberry gouache
- Vitamin B: especially in fresh leafy green vegetables or medicines with green leaves. – Tea: has a wound healing effect due to the tannins it contains. In small children, it may be beneficial to keep the tea bag over 60 seconds aft.
- In older children, icy water relieves pain.
- Special oral injections and creams that your doctor recommends may be used.
Our previous article Jaundice In Newborns When To Worry We also recommend that you read our article.